We have all heard the horror stories about people paying what they think are reputable skilled trade workers to do some work on their homes only to find out later that it was a scam. Many homeowners have been left with poor craftsmanship or incomplete renovation projects when they paid good money.
Because this occurs in many trades, and even with commercial roofers, homeowners need to be extra careful about whom they hire to do work for them. Since most people either do not know anyone personally or don't have the skills themselves to complete a roofing project, they need to hire a company to do the job. Here are some signs that roofers and roofing companies may not be as they claim to be:
* They accept only cash payments and require the money upfront
* They are willing to work under the table
* The price is not reasonable
* It is hard to obtain references from them
* Their contact information is not clear. They don't have a website, office phone number or business card.
How to find reputable commercial roofing contractors
It is essential that you hire a competent and reliable roofing company for any home renovation. It is best to choose commercial roofing companies with a strong track record and a solid reputation. This means you should never hire a guy to come to your home to offer roofing services.